I know, I know - I've sorely neglected my blog in the last couple of months but I have my reasons. My mood hasn't been the best lately and to be honest, I'm so tired of putting on a happy face for those around me that I just didn't have the strength to bring that false positivity to the blog - still don't. So since I'm not really in the mood to get into all that right now, I figured that I'd just do something a little different and pretty much take a page out of Stephanie's blog (especially since it's seems as though everyone is either pregnant or has a new baby.)
My First Pregnancy...and hopefully not my last.
1. Was your first pregnancy planned? Yes
2. Were you married at the time? Yes
3. What were your reactions? Excited, nervous
4. How old were you? 27 but turned 28 before giving birth
5. How did you find out you were pregnant? Took a home pregnancy test...well I actually took three before I believed the results.
6. Who did you tell first? Actually I told my friend Kathleen because the hubby was at work and I needed a second opinion on the test results. What can I say, I didn't actually believe what I was seeing.
7. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes and luckily, in Iqaluit they tell you.
8. Due Date? December 18, 2006
9. Did you have morning sickness? No, not at all.
10. What did you crave? Lots - it was never consistant. BLTs until the thought of eating meat grossed me out and lots of fruit.
11. Who/what irritated you the most? My boss - he was an arse!
12. What was the sex of your first child? A boy
13. Did you wish you were having the opposite sex of what you were having? No
14. How many pounds did you gain? 10 - Yeah, I know, go ahead and say it - Bitch!
15. Did you have a baby shower? Yes, but I wasn't in attendance. I was in Iqaluit and Mom had one for me in Newfoundland - go figure!
16. Was it a surprise or did you know? I knew
17. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? No, just lots and lots of heartburn
18. Where did you give birth? Baffin Regional Hospital, Iqaluit, Nunavut
19. How many hours were you in labour? 18 hours total with 9 hours of serious pain and 4 hours of pushing. I was ten days over due and went through three induction procedures before it was all over.
20. Who drove you to the hospital? The hubby
21. Who watched you give birth? Besides the doctor, two nurses and an intern, only the hubby was in the birthing room with me. My parents patiently waited in the family room.
22. Was it a natural birth or c-section? Natural
23. Did you take any pain medication? Yes, several shots of fentinol (sp?)
24. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 5 oz
25. When was your child actually born? December 29, 2006 at 3:53 am
26. What did you name your child? Joshua Steadman James Payne. It's too long of a name, I know. But, since the pain of childbirth was still fresh in my mind, I insisted that he was going to be the only child passing through my loins and wanted him to bear the names of both of his grandfathers.
27. How old is your first born today? 27 months
Quote of the day:
"A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die." Mary Mason
Copycat Barbecue Shake & Bake
2 days ago