Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Year And Counting

So it's officially been one year since we made the move back home and I still find myself re-adjusting to life in outport Newfoundland. There are days when, if I could, I'd kick myself in the ass for even considering a move back to the community which I was raised. What the hell were we thinking is a question that runs through my mind rampantly. Days when I miss Iqaluit like crazy (those are the days I think I should slap myself until the feeling goes away.) Then there are the days when I really enjoy my new life smack dab in centre of a national park, the abundance of scenery, the smell of the salt water and the fact that everyone knows my name. However, most days I find that I am somewhere in the middle - a slight longing for the life we had in Iqaluit but reasonably settled into our new life here.

Quote of the Day:
"The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does." - Unknown

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

ha ha good quote, didn't realize you were back to blogging, welcome back :)

Angie said...

Thanks! This quote is one of my personal favourites...it's so true.