Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hello New Year

Wow! I can barely believe that it's been two weeks since I've posted anything. Things have been very different for me these days. I've been somewhat busy with the holidays and I'm readjusting to being a stay at home mom once again. Hopefully, now that the holidays have passed, I can start getting everything back to normal (whatever that is.)

My holidays were pretty good and fairly quiet. Santa made it to our house this year and left lots of presents for the little guy. So much that it was impossible to keep the living room clean for a week. It wasn't until I finally took down the tree that it felt like my house was fit to inhabit again.

Along with New Year's, the little guy turned two this past week. We didn't have a huge party or anything, just family. I feel that he's still too young to really understand what's actually going on and I am determined to avoid birthday parties until he does develop an understanding. Call me cruel but I absolutely HATE birthday parties, I have always hated them. Even when I was a little kid, I didn't like going to them and I didn't like having them....and it's probably borderline cruelity for me to hope that the little guy turns out like me.

Since the hubby had to head back to work on December 29, New Year's Eve was pretty uneventful for the little guy and me. We were actually in bed long before everyone rung in the New Year. And, since I don't believe in whole New Year's Resolution b.s, I didn't make any. I see no reason to make silly promises to change myself in someway that I will probably never keep.

Anyway, here's hoping that you all had a great holiday and a happy new year so far.

Quote of the Day:
" New Year's Day - Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual." Mark Twain

No comments: