Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Favourite 10 Things


As Christa suggested, here are 10 of my favourite things (in random order):

1. The beach. I love spending time on the beach - walking, having fires, or just simply sitting to enjoy the view and listen to the wind and waves.

2. Our king-sized bed. It's wonderful to be able to stretch out in it - especially when you have to share it with a toddler. I do, however, hate the fact that bedding for it is so expensive. I desperately want a new bedding set but currently can't find one I really like in my price range.

3. The paint colour in my living room. It's called Garden Path by Benjamin Moore and I absolutely love it.


4. The floating shelves above my couch. Luckily they came with the house. The previous owner custom made them and was nice enough to leave them for me.


5. Our Inuit Art - 16 carvings and 11 prints. Unfortunately you can't really see the carvings that on displayed in the shelves. If my camera was working properly I would have taken a much nicer picture but this one will have to do.



6. Snowmobiling.


7. Summertime. After living in Iqaluit for seven years, it's nice to be able to enjoy a real summer.


8. My orange Columbia sweatshirt. It's so comfy and warm - perfect for wearing during the cooler weather.

9. Roasting marshmallows - or roasting anything really. Everything tastes better roasted over a fire on the beach.


10. The view from my front door - and all that comes with living near the water. The smell of the salt water mingled with the smell of wood smoke, and the sounds of waves crashing on the beach and seagulls squacking overhead.


Quote of the day:

"It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives." Unknown



2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

I love your view, and the reminder of the awesome Nfld smells :) Aaahhh.....

Lily (: said...

My favorite is the roasting marshmallows. I live in the states and I go camping in the woods every Summer and I love sitting by the fire and roasting things, S'mores are great too.

follow me back? pretty please. (:
♥-Lily