Monday, December 15, 2008

The Countdown Begins

I have four more days left at work (after today) and I must admit, I'm really looking forward to the time off. Even though I know that it's going to hurt our bank account, I'm quite excited about the opportunity to stay at home with the little guy for the winter. We have some 'work' ahead of us, like potty training and bottle weaning - Lord give me the strength to get through that one because taking his bottle away is going to be a lot like cutting his right arm off. He LOVES his "ba" and absolutely refuses to drink milk out of anything else. But, I also know that we're going to have some fun times this winter too. With any luck, I'll be able to enjoy sleeping past 6 am....

And, what do you know, exactly ten more days until Christmas. I can't wait to see how the little guy is going to react Christmas morning. It's going to be so much fun this year. He's at a perfect age to really find all the presents and such exciting. It's the first Christmas for us in our house here and I can't wait to smell the turkey cooking. Of course, I'm going to be the one cooking it and all the trimmings because my parents want to spend the morning at our house watching the little guy enjoy all the goodies that Santa will leave him. Yes, I think it's going to be a wonderful day...

Quote of the Day:
"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime." Laura Ingalls Wilder

No comments: