Tuesday, December 9, 2008

From Working Mom to Stay At Home Mommy...

In T minus 10 days.

I'm not sure if my luck has just turned for the better or the worst on this one. My impending departure from work is not one of choice and, according to my boss, is just a temporary one - until sometime in March when business picks back up again. Right now, my feelings are sort of on the fence about my lay-off. The logical side of me knows that a pay cheque is much better than an unemployment cheque. I don't work because I want to, I work because I have to. However, the emotional side of me (the mommy side) is really looking forward to a couple of months or so off work to spend with the little guy. It's an opportunity to have some major bonding time with him because, even though he's with his Nan during the day while I'm at work, I don't feel like I get nearly enough time with him.

Quote of the Day:
"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today." Stacia Tauscher

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

Pro's & con's to everything, I'm sure you'll enjoy the quality time with your little guy :)