Monday, October 27, 2008

Sleep Deprived, Stressed, and it's a Miserable Monday

I hate Mondays! It's just never a good day for me. I woke up this morning feeling like crap and still very tired from a night with barely any sleep. The little guy didn't sleep well at all last night and I can certainly feel it this morning. To add to my problems, the other office assistant here is off today, leaving me to deal with all the work that's rolling through this place. My mind is so foggy this morning that I've already cut someone off on the phone - the boss' daughter of all people! All smart-like, I went to put her on hold and hit the release button instead. A wonderful start to the morning, don't you think?

To add to my despair, for the first time in ages, the little guy cried for me this morning when I dropped him off. I sort of thought something was off when he wouldn't wave bye to me, and then before I knew it, he was coming after me with his ball cap to go, and all the while his little bottom lip was quivering....then came the hugs and tears. Nothing like completely breaking my heart before work. It's days like this that I feel totally guilty about having to work. I wish there was some way for me to stay at home or at least work from home but, alas I am not that fortunate.

Oh well, here's hoping that the week can only get better from here.

Quote of the Day:
"A woman is like a teabag - only in hot water do you realize how strong she is." Nancy Reagan


1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth. All you can do on days like this...and it'll help calm you some too :)