Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hump Day Observations

It's Wednesday, in case you didn't know, which (thankfully) means that the week is half over. There isn't a whole lot going on here at work...or at home, really. The hubby is away until Friday so it's just me and the little guy. We tend to keep to the same routine when it's just the two of us. I pick him up just after work, we go home, have our baths, have supper, play/read/watch a bit of television and go to bed. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Well some of you may beg to differ since 'bedtime' for both of us is 8 o'clock. Yes, I go to bed at 8:00 pm. Keep in mind that I have to get up every morning at 5:40 am and never with a full nights sleep. Besides, once the little guy heads off to dreamland, my day has pretty well wrapped itself up and I really don't see a point in staying up, aimlessly watching television. The way I figure it, it doesn't matter what time you go to bed as long as you're sleepy. Then again, Nan always told me I was born tired. It wasn't until after I had a baby that I ever thought it could be true.

I have no idea what the little guy and I will have for supper tonight. It's been a few weeks since I made the trek for groceries so there's not a variety of choices at the house. Oh, we have lots of meats and stuff that require effort and planning but we're definitely low on convenience foods. I'm terrible at meal planning anyway. Though I'm a pretty good cook, I just don't have the patience it takes to sit down and plan what we're going to eat for the next week or two. Too bad Sandi Richard from Fixing Dinner wasn't in the area because I could really use her help.

I've still got to go and buy Halloween treats before Friday. I know, I know...talk about putting things off. Actually I had hoped to make a trip to the bigger centre last weekend and pick stuff up then but that didn't happen. So now I'm stuck having to buy things around here and not only will I have to pay a bit more for it, there won't be as good of selection either. The consolation is that I probably won't see many kids. There aren't any kids close to where I live and after mentioning it to my neighbour, found out that they only get about 8 or 9 trick-or-treaters. So at least I won't have to spend a fortune on treats. I had the cutest little lion costume come up from the States for the little guy to wear. He doesn't actually do too much trick-or-treating because he's just too young for it but I do take him to a few family members houses just to humor the grandparents and such.

Anyway, that's about it for me so I'll just leave you with the quote of the day:
"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed but fine up against a wall." Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

I do meal plans, I know I'm a nerd but I don't get home from work til 6pm ....its kind of a necessity or not eat til 8pm every night which I am NOT doing :) Love my food too much for that.