Thursday, October 2, 2008

This and That

I am completely uninspired today. It seems as though I have come down with writer's block which is completely shameful since this blog is so new. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep because, Lord knows, I haven't been getting very much in the last week. Why? Well, it could be a combination of things; for one, my husband is away at a mine for most of the week, add a 21 month old who likes to hog the bed and still doesn't sleep through the night to the mix, and we have a good recipe for involuntary insomnia. Yes, I know that my little one should be sleeping in his own bed now and I will truly be ecstatic when he manages to sleep the whole night through but...well, I'm selfish. I find that when he is in his own room, I am still alert to his every movement or need thus making it impossible for me to relax enough to sleep. At least with him beside me I get some sleep.

I'm amazed how warm it has been the last few days - wet and rainy but warm. We did have a cold spurt about two weeks ago but it certainly didn't last. I know I should be enjoying it but I'm not. I didn't enjoy all the hot weather we had over the summer either. I'm so used to Nunavut temperatures that I find I'm longing for cool and crisp instead of warm and humid. I do love the sights of the those leaves changing colour though. Autumn colours are always so pretty.

In other (and more) important news, I am happy to announce that I am now a proud auntie to a beautiful baby girl named Madison. My brother and his girlfriend welcomed their little bundle of joy into the world on Sunday, September 28. It's hard to believe that my baby brother now has a baby of his own. I wish them all the best and I'm positive that they will be wonderful parents. Since they are in Fort MacMoney, Alberta it will be awhile before I get my hands on the little squirt but I anxiously await until January when they make the trek home for a visit.

Quote of the Day:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

1 comment:

Bobbi-Ann said...

Hi Angie
How are you? Believe me I know what its like having a little one in your bed. Our little boy won't sleep in his own room, and we get me sleep knowing he's next to us :) Congrats on becoming a Auntie!!