Monday, November 3, 2008

Ramblings

It's Monday, absolutely the worst day of the week. I definitely did not want to get up this morning. The bed was too nice and cozy, and I was all snuggled up with the little guy...

Iqaluit had its first official snow day last Thursday, October 30. The whole town was shut down. Made me quite envious. I loved those blizzard days - I miss those blizzard days!

I found what sounds like a really great recipe for 3 cheese penne with broccoli. It calls for ricotta cheese and what do you know? I could not get any ricotta cheese at either of the grocery stores I shop at. What self-respecting grocery store doesn't carry ricotta cheese?! Anyway, I ended up buying lasagna style cottage cheese instead so hopefully there won't be much of a difference.

There are only 8 weeks left until Christmas which utterly sucks! I haven't done one bit of Christmas shopping yet. I tell myself every year that I'm going to start early, like in July, but never do. I could really use a kick in the ass.

Work is sort of painfully slow here today. Time is just dragging. I still have an hour and a half before I can head home for the day and I'm desperate to find something that makes me look like I'm extremely busy.

Quote of the Day:
"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist." Unknown

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

I LOVE that quote!!!!!
I think the cottage cheese will be fine, I substitute stuff all the time even when the grocery store DOES have what I need.

towniebastard said...

It was a pretty wussy blizzard too, I might add.