Friday, November 21, 2008

Childhood Cartoons

As I was sitting down last evening watching My Friends Tigger and Pooh on Playhouse Disney with the little guy, I noticed about how much better the graphics are in cartoons these days then when I was growing up. Strange, I know. High definition television is not usually at the top of my conversation list but trust me, there's an amazing difference between this show and the Winnie the Pooh shows we all grew up with. So I got to thinking about what cartoons from my childhood would be really wicked if available in HDTV and here's my list:

1. He-Man & The Masters of the Universe
2. Of course, I can't mention He-Man without bringing up his sister, She-Ra, The Princess of Power
3. The Smurfs
4. Disney's Gummi Bears
5. I'm not sure how many of you will remember this one; BraveStarr
6. Jem and the Holograms
7. Rainbow Brite

I could probably think of others, but these are just a few of those Saturday morning cartoons that I can remember fondly. What were some of your favorites?


1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

Loved all of those...along with Smurfs, Care Bears, Inspector Gadget, oh remember Teddy Ruxpin??? The good 'ol days. The graphics weren't as good but you can't knock the quality