Friday, November 7, 2008

In The News

It seems as though every time I have read the news on CBC this week, I have come across one or two stories each day concerning a small child being beaten and/or killed by someone close to them, be it a parent, foster-parent or whatever. What in the name of our Lord above is this world coming to?? How does a person who does this live with themselves? Reading this stories disturbs me to no end (so much that I don't have the stomach to link them to this post). My heart aches for the innocent children and all the suffering they have/had endured. The cruelty of these situations make me sick to my stomach and I can only pray to God that I will never encounter these abusers for I really don't think that I would be able (nor would I want) to control my actions. In fact, I wholehearted feel that our government should not be housing these poor excuses for human beings, providing them with three square meals a day, a warm and dry place to lay their heads. If anything, they should be treated with the same respect and compassion that they bestowed on their victim.

It is time for people to wake up! Children are a gift, not a right. They are precious and should be treated as so. They are not your property to do with as you please; it is your responsibility to provide a loving and safe environment so that your child may grow healthy, well adjusted adult - someone who reaches their full potential. There are many people in this world who cannot have children, who spend years on adoption waiting lists, who spend thousands of dollars in fertility treatments, who would give anything to receive the unconditional love of a child - it is time for everyone to thank the heavens above for the precious gifts you have been given.

My child is the pure light of mine and my husband's life. I cannot imagine life without him. Our little guy is our greatest accomplishment and it is our privilege to raise him into the person that he is meant to be. And, tonight I will hug him a little tighter to my heart and say a silent pray for all those little ones who have not been that fortunate, who have had their lives so cruelly taken away. May God watch over their little souls.

Quote of the Day:
" Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here for an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of life." Maureen Hawkins

No comments: