Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Colour My World

After living in my house for 9 months, I have pretty well had it up the wazzu with the pale butter yellow that is everywhere. The previous owner obviously loved the colour because the whole house was pretty well covered with it - front entrance, hall, living room, dining room, kitchen....even the master bedroom and bath. Only three rooms in the house was not coated in the same colour; the two other bedrooms, one of which was painted pink (??) and the other one was painted a very pale sage which, coincidentally is the same colour in the main bathroom. Did the woman not have any sense of adventure?

Now I'll admit that it has taken some time for me in choosing my new colours. Neither me or the hubby particularly enjoy painting so I want colours that will last for a while, not something I'll be sick of in six months time. Since moving in we have managed to paint two rooms in the house. The pink room is now painted a cool Labrador Blue for the little guy and the living room is now a calming colour called Garden Path.

Now that we are determined to actually get some more painting done next week, I got my ass in gear and choose the rest of the colours this morning. The entrance and hallway will be painted Old Montreal, the dining room will get a yummy coat of Tiramisu, the kitchen will be transformed with a colour called Cherokee Brick. I have also picked a colour called Hot Chocolate for our bedroom but that's not on the tackle list for next week so I won't worry about that yet.

Quote of the Day:
"Start everyday with a smile and get it over with." W.C. Fields

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old Montreal is a colour? What ever happened to red, green, yellow, blue and whatever the other four are?

Angie said...

Old Montreal - sort of an earthy taupe. Since I've never been outside of the airport in Montreal, I can only assume that this colour is somewhat predominant in the old part of the city. Looks really nice on the swatch though.

Myrna Hynes said...

I feel your pain...our new house was mostly MINT GREEN! So I immediately had to paint or else go completely insane!