Thursday, November 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

Not a whole lot new happening in my small world these days. The hubby and I tried to get a start on our Christmas shopping over the weekend but weren't very successful. Even though I love to shop, I can't stand having to fight my way down store aisles and stand in check-out lines for what seems like eternity, which is exactly what it was like trying to shop on Saturday. It pains me to know that the shopping conditions are only going to get worst from here on which makes me wonder, "Why do I wait until this late in the game to get those gifts bought?" To top it off, I seem to be suffering from some sort of gift buyer's block. I have no idea what to get anyone on my list. I ended up ordering a couple of gifts from Sears for the little guy and the hubby. Now I just have to work up enough courage to head back to the shopping centres again in a couple of weeks.

Am I the only one who felt as though there were two Mondays in this week? I thoroughly enjoyed having Tuesday off. It would have been a most relaxing day if it wasn't for all the laundry that needed to be done, but yesterday I felt as though I was in some warped version of the movie Groundhog Day....which I might add, was one of the stupidest movies I can ever remember seeing.

According to Townie Bastard, there is a radio station somewhere in Detroit playing Christmas music 24/7- WTF?? Holy Christ people, don't you think that's a little extreme? I'll admit that come December 1st I'm more than ready to start decorating for Christmas but I think this might be taking the whole Christmas theme just a little too far; it is after all, only the middle of November. Have they even celebrated Thanksgiving in the States yet?

The price of gas dropped again today - Yippee! It was getting to the point where it was getting too expensive to go anywhere in our truck. I was amazed last week when I gassed up and got a little over half of a tank for $40 so I'm anxious to see what the same amount of money will get me today. I wonder how long this pricing euphoria will last?

So here goes...and I know I'm going to get crap for this one...but, I'd like to see it hurry up and snow already! The pretty leaves are gone making the trees look bare, the majority of the grass is an awful colour brown, it's damp and chilly - it's time for snow. I feel as though my whole seasonal clock is completely thrown off. I'm used to it being a lot colder, a lot more snow at this point, and a whole lot darker later in the mornings and earlier in the evenings. All I could think this morning on my way to work was how dingy everything looks this time of year. We need snow to brighten it all up. As anyone who has ever lived in Iqaluit will agree, during the summer Iqaluit is more like a dusty, dirty gravel pit of a town but in the winter, it's absolutely breathtaking. Cold, but beautiful. Now I want to see that winter wonderland here...but with trees, obviously.


Quote of the Day:
"Don't go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

I love snow, I hate driving in it but I LOVE snow...so it's okay that you want it :)