Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Over the last three days, we've gotten snow, snow and more snow....and I kinda like it, so far. What I don't like about snow though is that I have to leave my house a couple minutes earlier every morning to sweep the snow off the truck - apparently I had totally forgotten about that last week when I wished for the stuff. Thankfully though, I don't have to shovel in the mornings. It will take a whole lot of snow to keep me and my 4X4 truck from getting out of the driveway. I know the hubby is anxious to get some skidooing in this winter as well. And, with the way the economy is treating the mining industry in Newfoundland these days, it looks as though he may get plenty of time to do just that. Unfortunately it appears he's getting a temporary lay-off in the next couple of weeks - just in time for Christmas, too.

Quote of the Day:
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." Sir Frances Bacon

No comments: