Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatever Comes to Mind

All day yesterday I kept thinking that it was Wednesday - I have no idea why. So naturally, today feels like Thursday and I'm very disappointed that tomorrow actually isn't Friday.

Work has completely sucked the last few days...well, depending on how you look at it. As I have mentioned before, this is by far not my dream job and when it's slow here, like now, I hate it even more. I want a job where I'm kept busy the whole day so that the time passes by quickly. Instead I have spent the last two days confined in my office reading a book. (No, my coworkers are not aware that I'm in here reading a book. I can hear them coming and therefore can make it appear that I am really busy when they peer in.) Other than being bored out of my mind, I do really enjoy getting paid while I read.

I got a whole bunch of stuff that I ordered from Sears yesterday; some Christmas gifts for the hubby and the little guy, and my new window treatments for the living room and dining room. I managed get the dining room ones put up last night despite the little guy climbing up on the chair with me or trying to "help" in his own way (I'll leave the living room window for when the hubby is home.) I must admit that I am quite please with how it looks. The window looked unfinished with the previous curtains but now looks complete and cozy.

I desperately need to cook something for supper tonight. The little guy and I have just had quick meals for the last two nights and I really cannot eat something from a can again tonight. Besides, I need leftovers for tomorrow's lunch because I don't think my stomach can handle another sandwich this week. So chicken breasts it is. I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with them; probably just bake them in the oven with some sort of sauce, steam some veggies and cook some egg noodles to go along with it. Works for me, it's easy and little guy approved.

Quote of the Day:
"Lots of people will want to ride in the limo with you, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." Oprah Winfrey

No comments: