Monday, November 17, 2008

Caught Speeding

I ended up going to Corner Brook again on Saturday; this time with my mother. She needed a new Christmas tree and they were on sale at Zeller's Saturday and Sunday only. Since I hadn't actually planned on going, it was supposed to be a quick trip up just to get the tree. Yeah, right! My bright and early morning started off very well until 9:30 am when I got pulled over and received my very first speeding ticket. Oh Joy! Just what I needed! Luckily the RCMP officer was in a forgiving mood and did not charge me for the actual speed I was going (124 km/h just in case you were wondering.) I could have easily gotten a $250 fine and 3 points against my license but instead got a $55 fine and no points - Thank God! Am I surprised that I got a speeding ticket? No, not really. I'm actually surprised that I haven't gotten caught before now. Unless I'm in a community, I tend to speed - not recklessly, but I do drive faster then the speed limit allows. Unfortunately I'm going to have to be extremely careful now and that's going to be really, really hard.

Quote of the day:
"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Unknown

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

That was nice of him....could have been worse eh?

Myrna Hynes said...

Where are the nice police officers when I need them? I've gotten 2 speeding tickets and both i've both I've gotten hit with points and big fines. 27 over = 250 buckaroos! Ouch!